The Haiderpur Wetlands of Western Uttar Pradesh are man-made wetlands that came to be in 1984. They have been called the Hidden Jewel of Uttar Pradesh and were recognized as the 47th Ramsar site in India, 10th in Uttar Pradesh and 2463rd in world, in December 2021.
Spread across 6,908 hectares, the wetlands are home to over 324 species of birds along with many species of dolphins, turtles, ghariyals (alligators), crocodiles, butterflies and swamp deer. They also host over 30 species of plants, over 40 species of fish and over 102 species of waterfowl. A stop over site for as many as 50,000 migratory birds, the wetlands are a site to behold during the Indian winter months, beginning in the middle of October, right till end of Februrary.
A true birding paradise the Haiderpur Wetlands also hosts a few rare species of birds such as the Indian Grassbird, the Black Bellied Tern, the Indian Skimmer, the White-tailed Eagle, the Bristled Grass bird and the Golden-headed Cisticola.
Namaste Dwaar believes in oneness of all elements and recognizes the importance of sites such as Haiderpur wetlands. Apart from avid birders, Haiderpur is an excellent picnic spot for families with rustic paths dwindling through forest land, a lovely bicycle path, a boating facility that will take you up the Ganges to see the Gangetic Dolphins. To encourage you to partake in these excursions, and have created a package specially for the purpose:
HAIDERPUR BIRDWATCHING PACKAGE
Premium Room (Double Occupancy)
- Packed Picnic Basket Breakfast and Lunch for Wetland Tour
- Private Tour by Expert Guide – English/Hindi
- Pickup and Drop from the Resort (about 45 minutes one way)
- Pool Facing Premium Room
- Afternoon tea at Sunset
Optional add-on: Dolphin Boat Safari
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book or seek any sort of clarification. Alternatively you may call us at: +91-91-98184-38001.
Haiderpur wetlands were featured in Nat Geo Traveller. Click to read here.
There is an interesting story of how the hidden jewel was discovered and how a former wall street professional and now an avid birder and art of living teacher worked with the authorities and involved the local population to give a new lift to the wetlands. You can read it here.
Click here to read more About your Guide.
- GST will be charged as per Government of India guidelines.
- Any treatments taken at the spa/Ayurveda centre during the stay is excluded from package cost and will be charged at 15% discount on prevalent rates.
- We also help arrange trips to Basilica of Our Lady of Graces in Sardhana, Haridwar and Rishikesh for a charge.
- Any other facility availed that is not mentioned in inclusions is excluded.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please email us at email@example.com to seek any sort of clarification. Alternatively you may call us at: +91-91-98184-38001.
- Check-in at 2 pm
Check-out at 2 pm